Our goal every day is simple: to meet the diverse and ever-changing needs of our community of 40,000 people. That can be easier said than done, but we don’t shy away from high expectations! We meet this goal by listening to and engaging with our community partners and staying open to new ideas. We pride ourselves on being a friendly, inclusive team.
Are you a good fit?
Most importantly, we are looking for team players. We seek collaborative workers who like to work with a variety of people and deliver excellent customer service. If you enjoy learning new things and take initiative when confronted with a problem, you could be a good fit for our organization. Employees who are successful here are flexible and open to change. We want people who will contribute their ideas to improve the service we give the community. We welcome diverse points of view.
Benefits of Working Here
The Library employs both full and part-time employees. All employees have the opportunity to be part of work environment that:
- Recognizes the value of every employee’s position
- Appreciates friendly, supportive colleagues
- Values work-life balance
- Provides professional development opportunities
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, Flex spending
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Days and Holidays
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, 457 Plan, Employee Assistance Program, Vision Plan
- Holiday Pay, Vision Plan, 457 Plan, and Employee Assistance Plan
- Regular schedule
- Opportunities for extra hours