- Please do not come to the Library until you receive a notice that your holds are ready for pickup.
- Are you here to pick up your item? Click here to let us know.
Here’s how curbside pickup works:
- Place a hold on an item through the online catalog, the SWAN library app, or by calling us at 630-653-0755. Please note: we are unable to get you items from other libraries at this time.
- Once the item becomes available, you’ll receive an email receipt indicating that your hold has been checked out to you. The receipt will contain detailed instructions on how to use curbside pickup.
- You will have seven days to come pick up the item.
- If you have your account preferences set to phone notification, you will receive a phone call.
- When you have received your notification, come to the library during curbside hours (Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) You don’t have to let us know in advance that you’re coming.
- Park in a designated curbside pickup spot, and text check in to 630-668-9440. Or, you can click the link on our website or use the link in the SWAN app. Follow the directions we send via text.
- Stay in your vehicle with the windows rolled up, and pop your trunk. If your trunk isn’t accessible, we will leave your materials on a bench on the sidewalk, and you can come get the bag when we walk away.
- Loan periods remain the same as always: 7 days for DVDs and video games, and 21 days for everything else.
- Please return items in the drive-up return bin. We are unable to take materials from you directly.
- For now, only items that Carol Stream Public Library owns may be placed on hold and checked out. Deliveries between libraries have been suspended for the time being.
- For information regarding material handling and safety procedures, click here.
Curbside pickup for print documents
Email your document to email@example.com for staff to print. We can accept many Microsoft file types, but, if possible, sending us a PDF is best. (If you need help doing that, please email us.) When your document is ready, we will email you with directions on how to use Curbside Pickup to receive your document. We will print 1-20 pages free of cost for curbside pickup. If your document is over 20 pages, we will charge a fee.
Curbside pickup without a car:
You’re welcome to walk or bike to the Library to pickup your materials. Follow the same instructions as for cars. We will bring items out and leave them on a bench. You may pick up your items once Library staff has gone back into the building.
Are you used to browsing or don’t know what to get?
Get a Binge Box (available for readers of all ages)