>>> Are you here to pick up your item? Let us know!
Click here to chat with us or text us at 630-668-9440
Use Curbside Pickup for
- Any library materials
- Binge Boxes
- Documents you email us to print for you
- Program supplies
- Take & Make kits
- Anything you have been notified of is ready for pickup.
Here’s how curbside pickup works:
- Log in to your Library Account using the online catalog or the SWAN Library app.
- Search for items, and place a hold on what you'd like to borrow.
- Once the item becomes available, you’ll receive a notification from firstname.lastname@example.org or a phone call.
- When you have received your notification, come to the library during regular hours of operation (Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday 1 to 5 p.m.)
- Park in a designated curbside pickup spot, and text check in to 630-668-9440. Or, you can click the link on our website or use the link in the SWAN app. Follow the directions we send via text.
- Stay in your vehicle with the windows rolled up, and pop your trunk. If your trunk isn’t accessible, we will leave your materials on a bench, and you can come get the bag when we walk away.
- Curbside Pickup will be suspended in the event of extreme weather that could be hazardous and unsafe for staff. When in doubt, call us at 630-653-0755 to find out if the service is available.
- Loan periods remain the same as always: 7 days for DVDs and video games, and 21 days for everything else.
- Please return items in the drive-up return bin. We are unable to take materials from you directly.
- For information regarding material handling and safety procedures, click here.
Email your document to email@example.com for staff to print indicating that you are submitting a curbside print request. We can accept many Microsoft file types, but, if possible, sending us a PDF is best (If you need help doing that, please email us). Please indicate how many copies are needed. When your document is ready, we will email you to confirm when the print is ready, and you can proceed to pick it up in the main lobby at the circulation desk, or outside of the library using the curbside pickup service. Fees are $.10 per page and charges will be added to your library account. You can pay online, or in person at the circulation desk upon your next visit. **As of January 1st, 2023, curbside printing will no longer be offered. Computers are available inside the library with printing capabilities, as well as options for remote/wireless printing. Learn more by clicking HERE.
Curbside pickup without a car:
You’re welcome to walk or bike to the Library to pickup your materials. Follow the same instructions as for cars. We will bring items out and leave them on a bench. You may pick up your items once Library staff has gone back into the building.
Used to browsing or want a recommendation?
- Get a Binge Box (available for readers of all ages)
- Call us or email us to get recommendations from a librarian: