Carol Stream residents aged 13+ can register online for a library card by clicking here.
If you are a resident of Carol Stream and you want to open a new account or need a replacement card, you can bring in a current government-issued photo identification and a document that verifies residency.
Forms of identification include current:
- Driver's License
- State ID
- Student ID
- Military ID
Residency verification documents must be issued within the current year and have applicant’s name on one of the following:
- Driver’s License with Carol Stream address
- Current rent receipt or property tax bill
- Vehicle registration
- Current (30 days) imprinted statement or bill such as credit card, bank statement, utility bill, pay stub.
Your Carol Stream Library account will be registered at the following public libraries:
- Glen Ellyn
- Glenside (Glendale Heights)
- Messenger (North Aurora)
- Oak Brook
- St. Charles
- Villa Park
- West Chicago
- Wood Dale
- Many more (click here for a full list)
Resident accounts are automatically renewed after a period of three (3) years or until a minor’s 18th birthday.