Get a digital library card
New to the Library? Welcome!
Details about your library card
- Carol Stream residents aged 13+ may apply online for a library card and get full, immediate use of our digital resources.
- >>> If you think you already have a library card but have forgotten the number, please click on My Account and then click "Forgot my card" to answer security questions.
- Digital accounts will expire on December 31st, 2020. When you are ready to visit the library, please bring in your Carol Stream residency verification documents to convert your digital card into a full-access card.
Things you can do with your library card:
- Access e-books and e-audiobooks through Overdrive. (To use this service on your mobile device, search your app store for Libby. You'll need your library card number to download books.
- Stream music and videos through Hoopla. (We raised the maximum items per month during this time.)
- Read all the latest current issues of your favorite magazines (over 2,900 of them!) with RB Digital.
- Get your craft on by watching tutorials on Creativebug.
- Learn new skills on everything from software to accounting to videography with Lynda.com.
For teens and kids: