Get a digital library card
New to the Library? Welcome!
Digital Library Account
- Carol Stream residents aged 13+ may apply online for a digital-only account for full, immediate use of our digital resources. (To check out physical items, you'll need to visit the Library with address verification documents to sign up for a full-access account.)
- >>> If you think you already have an account but have forgotten the number, please click on My Account and then click "Forgot Card" to answer security questions.
- When you are ready to visit the library for a full-access account, please bring in your Carol Stream residency verification documents to convert your digital-only account to full-access. You can get a library card in the Lobby or at Curbside Pickup.
Things you can do with your library card:
- Access e-books and e-audiobooks through Overdrive. (To use this service on your mobile device, search your app store for Libby. You'll need your library card number to download books.
- Stream music and videos through Hoopla. (We raised the maximum items per month during this time.)
- Read all the latest current issues of your favorite magazines (over 2,900 of them!) with RB Digital.
- Get your craft on by watching tutorials on Creativebug.
- Learn new skills on everything from software to accounting to videography with Lynda.com.
For teens and kids: