Register for a library card
New to the Library? Welcome!
Things you can do with your library card:
- Access e-books and e-audibooks through Overdrive. (To use this service on your mobile device, search your app store for Libby. You'll need your library card number to download books.
- Stream music and videos through Hoopla. (We raised the maximum items per month during this time.)
- Read all the latest current issues of your favorite magazines (over 2,900 of them!) with RB Digital.
- Get your craft on by watching tutorials on Creativebug.
- Learn new skills on everything from software to accounting to videography with Lynda.com.
For teens and kids:
Details about your library card
- Only Carol Stream residents aged 13+ may apply online for a library card.
- These cards will expire on June 17, 2020. When we reopen, you may bring in your address verification documents to convert your digital card into a full-access card.