Getting a library card

If you are a resident of Carol Stream, and you want to open a new account or need a replacement card, you must bring in a current government-issued photo identification and a document that verifies residency.

Forms of identification include current:

  • Driver's License
  • State ID
  • Student ID
  • Military ID
  • Passport

Residency verification documents must be issued within the current year and have applicant’s name on one of the following:

  • Driver’s License with Carol Stream address
  • Current rent receipt or property tax bill
  • Vehicle registration
  • Current (30 days) imprinted statement or bill such as credit card, bank statement, utility bill, pay stub.

Your Carol Stream Library account will be registered at the following libraries:

  • Bensenville Community Public Library
  • Kaneville Public Library
  • Messenger Public Library (North Aurora)
  • Oak Brook Public Library
  • Sugar Grove Public Library
  • Town and Country Public Library
  • Wood Dale Public Library

Resident accounts are automatically renewed after a period of three (3) years or until a minor’s 18th birthday.