Do you love the Library?
Are you looking for a way to give back to our community? Become a Friend! We reflect the diversity of our community, but the one thing we have in common is our love of the Library. The Friends of the Carol Stream Public Library is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization. We support the Library through fundraising, volunteering, and promoting the library around the community. Check out our Facebook page to see what we've been up to lately. Some of our past and ongoing contributions include:
- Donated laptops for use in computer classes
- Sponsored programs
- Provided volunteer support for the annual holiday party
- Year-round book sale in the lobby of the Library
- Encourage gifts, memorials and endowments
- Partnered with the DuPage Writers Group to present a speaker series and their monthly meeting
How to Join
Download a membership form, fill it out, and mail it back to us.
Paper forms are available at the Circulation Desk at the Library.
Year-round Book Sale
We sell used adult and childrens' books in the lobby Book Nook year round. Donations help keep the Nook fully stocked. Every book we sell goes to help fund programs, technology, furniture, equipment and supplies.
Book donations to the Friends book sale are accepted at the Library. Books must be in good condition and be contained in bags or boxes. Items may be delivered during open hours. You will be issued a receipt upon request. We are unable to quote a value for the items you donate. The items will either be sold at the Book Nook book sale or recycled through Reading Tree. We will accept gifts without commitment as to final disposition.
The following are items we can’t use:
- Items in poor condition with brown pages, highlighted text, mildew odor, excessive writing or underlining
- Condensed books- Reader’s Digest