If you want to find an item outside our library system, we are happy to do the searching for you. But you can also submit requests for these items on your own. Enter your search in the box in the upper right corner of our website and select the Worldcat tab.
You can also request items to borrow or suggest items for the Library to buy through the Item Request form listed under “Services” on our website or at cslibrary.org/itemrequest.
Connect with other homeschooling families and explore different topics during our Homeschool Hangouts! Check the Events Calendar to see upcoming events. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added to our email list, where you’ll receive information about upcoming homeschool programs.
Visit the Library for any of the following:
- Library tours
- Research assistance
- Library materials orientation
- Online resources orientation
- Book talks
Interested in something that’s not on the list? Let us know how we can help. To schedule or inquire about a Field Trip, please contact the Youth Services Department at 630-344-6127 or email@example.com.
Illinois Homeschool Resources
- Illinois H.O.U.S.E. (Home Oriented Unique Schooling Experience)
- Homeschool Resource Center at Johnsburg Public Library District
- Illinois Christian Home Educators
- Life-Long Exploration and Play (LEAP) of DuPage
- Illinois Home Schooling – Illinois State Board of Education
- Homeschooling in Illinois – Home School Legal Defense Association
- Art Institute of Chicago Educator Admission Request
- Homeschool Central – Homeschooling in Illinois Support Groups
- West Suburban Homeschool Band
- Illinois Field Trips for Homeschoolers
- “Homeschooling in the Chicagoland Suburbs” from Kidlist (last updated August 2018)
General Homeschool Resources
- “6 Steps to Start Homeschooling” from The Homeschool Mom: Practical suggestions of how to begin homeschooling.
- “Homeschooling: Which Model Is Right for You?” from The Quad: TheBestSchools.org’s overview of benefits and downsides of some major homeschooling approaches.
- A2Z Homeschool: Religion-neutral free and low-cost educational materials.
- National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI): Research, facts, and scholarly articles about home-based education.
Additional Library Resources
Check Out Books on Homeschooling
- The Brave Learner: Finding Everyday Magic in Homeschool, Learning, and Life by Julie Bogart (2019)
- Homeschool Bravely: How to Squash Doubt, Trust God, and Teach Your Child with Confidence by Jamie Erickson (2019)
- 101 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum: Choosing the Right Curriculum and Approach for Each Child’s Learning Style by Cathy Duffy (2012)
- You, Your Child, and School: Navigate Your Way to the Best Education by Ken Robinson (2018)
- Rethinking School: How to Take Charge of Your Child’s Education by Susan Wise Bauer (2018)
- Homeschooling Gifted and Advanced Learners by Cindy West (2012)
- The Everything Homeschooling Book: All You Need to Create the Best Curriculum and Learning Environment for Your Child by Sherri Linsenbach (2010)