The Carol Stream Public Library allows local non-profit groups the use of the Community Room, in accordance with its Meeting Room Use Policy. During our Renovation Project our meeting rooms will not be available to reserve. Community groups may host meetings at the Library through Saturday, March 16, 2019. Our online room reservation system will be unavailable beginning Sunday, January 20, 2019. Groups wishing to use the Community Room before March 16, 2019 should contact the Library to submit a Room Request and and submit a completed Agreement for Use of Meeting Room.
- The meeting rooms are designed primarily to meet the operational needs of the Library in accomplishing its service goals. More specifically, they are intended for the following purposes in order of priority:
- Programs sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library and relating to its collections and services.
- Library-related meetings, including the Friends of the Library.
- Meetings of the Village of Carol Stream and other agencies of local government.
- Meetings of Carol Stream not-for-profit community groups and organizations whose aims are for educational, cultural, or for civic purposes of Carol Stream residents.
- Carol Stream businesses and professional groups.
- Other meetings which in the opinion of the Director are appropriate to the mission and facilities of the Library.
- The meeting rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, Library functions and programs have first priority, and Library needs may preempt existing room reservations.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age and have a valid Carol Stream Public Library card. Applicant assumes responsibility, either individually or on behalf of the group, for use of the room and any financial obligations associated with that use.
- Use of the meeting rooms by outside groups does not constitute Library endorsement of viewpoints or beliefs expressed by those groups and/or their members. No advertisement or announcement implying such endorsement will be permitted.
- All meetings must be open to all citizens, regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, or disability. All groups must comply with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and be responsible for providing qualified interpreters or having auxiliary aids available upon request.
To Request at room, please contact the Library at 630-653-0755.