We’re changing the service provider that manages our online catalog and cardholder accounts. Many changes will happen behind the scenes, but you can expect improved services:
- You’ll be able to easily use your CSPL card at 97 libraries instead of 16.
- The collection available to you will grow by 12 times, from 750,000 items to over 9 million.
- Our borrowing rules will be easier to remember.
- Our stronger buying power and shared resources means cost savings.
- You’ll be able to get email notifications in Polish or Spanish.
- You’ll be able to borrow items in 226 languages.
Here are some dates and important information to know:
April 18-May 1:
- New additions to the collection will be paused, but we will take requests for new materials.
- There will be a delay in seeing the new best sellers.
April 28-May 1:
- Due dates will be extended—feel free to keep your items a little longer.
- No fines will be given during this period.
- You can place a hold with staff assistance.
- Your account information may not be up-to-date.
- You can check out materials.
- You can pick up holds, if you are notified of one.
- You can access our e-resources.
Certain features will be temporarily unavailable during this time:
- Placing holds.
- Renewing materials.
- Receiving materials delivered by another library.
- Logging in to My Account
- Seeing the availability of materials in our online catalog.
- Shoutbomb will no longer be available.
May 1: Our new catalog launches!
- Loan periods will change to 1-2-3
- Videos, video games, and Playaway Views can be kept one week.
- Everything else can be kept three weeks.
- Materials will renew up to two times, unless someone else had placed a hold on the item. We will still have auto-renewals.
- Some account notification changes:
- If you have an email address on file with us, you will receive account notifications there. Please be sure to whitelist our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t have an email address on file with us but would like to receive email notifications, call us at 630-653-0755 or drop by in person.
- If you wish to receive text message notifications, visit My Account and select text messaging.
- If you wish to receive phone call or print notifications, please contact us directly.
Our text message service is also changing. Shoutbomb will no longer be available as of April 28. After May 1, you may sign up to receive account notification by text message by logging in to My Account and visiting the “Set Up Text Messaging” tab. The new text message service will only deliver account notifications and will not be interactive.
If you are on a mobile device and wish to view a list of what materials you currently have checked out, renew materials, view a list of holds, or view a list of overdue items, we recommend that you download our app. You can also access all these features by visiting cslibrary.org and clicking on My Account.