The Carol Stream Public Library allows local non-profit groups the use of the Community Room, in accordance with its Meeting Room Policy. Groups wishing to use the Community Room must complete a Room Request online and submit a completed Responsibility Statement. Online reservations for the Community Room can be made no less than three days and no more than eight weeks in advance.
1. Library programs
2. Library-related meetings including the Friends of the Library
3. Meetings for the village & other agencies of local government
4. CS non-profit groups & organizations for educational, cultural & civic purposes
5. CS businesses & professional groups ($25 per hour)
6. Director approved meetings deemed appropriate
Discovery room: 30 people
Horizon room: 45 people
Combined room: 80 people
- Reservation time window is 3 days-8 weeks prior to meeting date
- No wedding receptions, showers, birthday parties or other social events
- No religious services or proselytizing
- No meetings by a political candidate or organization for a candidate
- No money-raising activities for non-library events
Light premade refreshments may be served. No cooking, reheating or open flames are allowed. Groups must supply their own food products and paper goods. The kitchen may be used for sink access only.